Nov 26, 2008

The baiting game

One thing I enjoy doing that is kinda mean is what I call the baiting game. This is essentially making another guy follow me and seeing how far he will go. You might say that this is an elaborate version of playing hard-to-get, but the difference is that while I find the other guy interesting (or otherwise I’d ignore him), I’m not interested enough to go out of my way (from either going home or doing an important errand) to see where things might lead. If nothing happens, then I won’t feel any regret. I basically play this game to test whether the other party will be willing to go the distance.

The game starts with the look to show that I am somewhat interested. But I then walk away to go towards wherever I was supposed to go. After a while I look back and if I see him following, then the game is on. Judicious timing of looking back at him ensures that the bait is fresh. What happens next is that he either gives up or he’s successful in catching up. Either way, I don’t lose anything and gain the cheap thrill of having someone follow me. (It’s an ego-booster after all.)

Mind you that in the vast majority of the times I try to play this game, the other guy quickly loses interest so the game doesn’t start at all. But when the game is played, usually nothing happens because the guy gives up, often because he can’t follow me anymore. For instance, there was a time I was eating dinner at a fastfood restaurant in Park Square One in Makati intending to catch a movie at Glorietta after. While eating, I spotted this guy at a far table looking at me. I returned the stare and laid the foundations of the baiting game. After eating, I quickly left the restaurant but quickly threw him another look. Going towards Glorietta 4, I saw him following and knew that the game is on. Well, I managed to make him come after me all the way to the cinema lobby of Glorietta 4, but after he saw me lining up to get a ticket, he gave up and left. I guess he wasn’t in the mood for a movie. :-P

Out of all these games I’ve played, only three guys were successful in meeting me. One encounter ended up into an impromptu date, another into casual sex, and the third into exchanging of numbers. The one with the impromptu date started pretty much the same as the unsuccessful attempt I described earlier. I was exchanging glances with this guy in a fastfood restaurant in Glorietta 4 and after eating, made him follow me to the Glorietta 1 cinemas where he saw me buy a ticket and enter the moviehouse. What I didn’t expect was that he also bought a ticket and managed to find me inside the theater. That became an impromptu movie date and I brought him to his home after. (Nothing happened much after that; you might say that it was a one night date, hehehe.)

The second successful encounter happened when I left the gym and saw this good-looking guy standing outside. I proceeded to walk to where my car was parked a few blocks away and was surprised to see him following me. To cut the story short, he rode along with me and we drove to where he parked his car and did the deed in his vehicle. That was definitely one of the hottest encounters I’ve had. :-)

The third one was the most outrageous of all. It was basically the baiting game done via cars: him in his wheels following me in my van around Ortigas Center (after making him follow me to the parking lot where he was coincidentally also parked). I eventually stopped at a side road with him parking soon after behind me. He alighted from his car and approached me and then we then exchanged some pleasantries and phone numbers. I did not follow-up with him after that incident since upon closer look, I did not find him too attractive after all.

So what do you think? Am I bad for enjoying this game?

11 comments:

. wrote on November 27, 2008 at 1:24 AM:

From someone who tends to leave people suspended in mid-air, I think I'm in for some karma-spanking very soon.

 
Pinoy Contests wrote on November 27, 2008 at 5:19 AM:

"Am I bad for enjoying this game?" -- It's neither bad nor good. As long as you know the consequences of your actions, then there should be no problem. The baiting game still gives me a rush of adrenaline whenever I practice it. But thanks for the post; it's very well-written. Keep it up!

 
Joaqui wrote on November 27, 2008 at 7:42 PM:

Nice game. :)

I kind of played this one before. :)

 
MkSurf8 wrote on November 28, 2008 at 1:34 AM:

i perfected this after my first heartbreak (i.e. na 2, er 3, er 4-time ako ng first bf ko) sakit! so it was an ego-booster for me initially. but i got scared it might boomerang. not to mention, physically taxing! ;-(

 
Anonymous wrote on November 28, 2008 at 6:33 AM:

Haha! It is indeed bad! But, I actually enjoy this as well.

Though, at times, this becomes scary when the other guy would never give up without a "happy ending" after all his effort.

Gahasa ang abot mo! Hehe!

- Jay

 
Vince (Discreet Manila) wrote on November 28, 2008 at 8:49 AM:

Mugen, nah. I think all is fair in love and war. :-)

Pinoy Contests, thanks!

Joaqui, kind of? Care to elaborate? :-)

MkSurf8, physically taxing? Hmmm... I now wonder how you're doing your baiting. Hehehe.

Jay, yikes! It's a good thing that I've never had a scary persistent follower.

 
Joaqui wrote on December 3, 2008 at 1:02 AM:

Let's just say I am a hesitant player. I tend to bite more than I can chew. I would give them "the look" with the hope that they will follow. And when they do, I panic and scarmble and run away as fast as I can. :)

Maybe I need more lessons? Whatchathink?

 
Vince (Discreet Manila) wrote on December 8, 2008 at 12:09 AM:

Joaqui, I don't think it's something that can be taught (unless you join John Robert Powers). You just gotta take the plunge!

 
Anonymous wrote on January 6, 2009 at 12:55 PM:

I enjoyed this baiting game. Many times I did this... in terminals, plaza, movie houses and in streets. Yah... some resulted to instant dates, sex and friendship. But I always look into the attitude of the person...less in their looks...i like to play the game with lollipops...hehehe.

 
Vince (Discreet Manila) wrote on January 19, 2009 at 11:08 PM:

Tripper, lollipops? Are those slim, lanky guys with great looks?

 
Anonymous wrote on October 26, 2012 at 7:28 PM:

I do that kind of game when i'm horny. It usually ends having a blow job in public places. Most often, I do it in public toilets. I just pee and let them see my thing as if i dont notice how they stare at it, and it makes them follow me. Well, if i like them, i give in.