Apr 6, 2009

So, how’s your Holy Week?

I guess it’s just a lucky coincidence that we have back-to-back long weekends this summer, like I mentioned back in January, due to the moved Araw ng Kagitingan and the Holy Week. I’m also quite sure that plenty of people took this Tuesday and Wednesday off so that they can have a 9-day vacation. And as expected, PLUs everywhere will or have already descended to the island of Mindoro to have their dose of sea, sun, sand, shore, surf, and, sex? ;-)

Even if you’ll be hitting the beaches of Puerto Galera only starting this Thursday, you can still whet your appetite by checking out my Puerto Galera guide, although it’s probably outdated already. (It’s been a few years since I’ve last been to Galera and I’m not going this year.) I’d certainly appreciate any updates or even stories from you guys. :-)

White Beach photo from Wikipedia.

5 comments:

Joaqui wrote on April 7, 2009 at 5:47 AM:

Holy Week will be a week of fasting and abstaining from cigs. No Galera for me. :)

 
Reijiro wrote on April 8, 2009 at 10:58 PM:

ah. H week. Holy, Hedonistic, whatever right? You guys in Manila or the Philippines have it nice. Your own cultural Carnival (Karne-Val?)

What I mean to say is, no. nothing like that for me unfortunately, being stuck in Dubai.

I really like your journal. It's a nice encapsulation of a discreet man's life over there. keep writing and i'll keep on reading.

 
Nash wrote on April 9, 2009 at 11:03 AM:

I spent my holy week in Bora, well that was last week hahaha

 
Paurong.com wrote on April 11, 2009 at 12:35 AM:

nice. puerto galera. i miss it so much. full of memories. have a nice holy week.

 
Vince (Discreet Manila) wrote on April 12, 2009 at 11:22 PM:

Joaqui, why only on Holy Week? Why not wean yourself from the habit for good? :-)

Reijiro, thanks! I will keep on writing, heaven willing. :-D

Nash, I miss Boracay.

Paurong, I also have plenty of nice and nostalgic memories of Galera as well. ;-)