May 4, 2010

Things that make you go “awww!”

I’ve known of the site Gives Me Hope for quite a while now. Nicknamed GMH, it’s basically a site collecting very short anecdotes of endearing stories (chicken-soup-for-the-soul style) all ending with “GMH.” If you’re feeling down and want a pick-upper, then reading this site is sure to bring back the optimist in you.

I was reading this site again and I came across a few LGBT-themed entries that I can’t help but share.

Today, I proposed to my girlfriend of four years in a nice restaurant. When she said yes, the entire restaurant stood up and applauded.

We’re both women.

Understanding of true love GMH. (#24788)

Today, a boy came into our English class to ask his significant other to Prom in a cute, creative manner.

After receiving a yes, the boy kissed my classmate’s cheek, and the room erupted in applause.

They’re both boys.

Our tolerance, and their courage, GMH. (#54306)

Today, my friend told her father she was gay.

He turned and left silently, and she cried, thinking he wouldn’t accept her. About an hour later, he came back with a gay pride flag and a stuffed animal dolphin and said, “Did you know 40% of the dolphin population is gay?”

Her dad GMH. (#45719)

Stories like these GMH. :-)


P.S. If schadenfreude is more your thing, then GMH’s sister site Fuck My Life or FML, would be right up your alley.

5 comments:

Guyrony wrote on May 4, 2010 at 4:40 PM:

awwwwwwwwwwww...

:)

 
~Carrie~ wrote on May 4, 2010 at 5:49 PM:

oh my gosh. the last anecdote was super duper "awwwww-inducing" I think I'm gonna cry at the dad's gesture.

 
Ronnie wrote on May 4, 2010 at 8:17 PM:

awwwwww..

 
Ming Meows wrote on May 5, 2010 at 7:18 AM:

love it!

 
Robert wrote on May 6, 2010 at 2:57 PM:

this made cry more tears than cheezy movies!!! *tears of joy*