Jan 24, 2012

The phone-in-between trick

I’ve already shared two discreet (but maybe inconvenient) ways of exchanging phone numbers with another guy. One is leaving a card or a piece of paper in sight of the other guy, and the other is doing hand signals. I’ll share another way and that is what I call the phone-in-between trick.

Basically, you sit beside each other and one of you will place his phone between the two of you while both of you are doing some other thing. The other guy will then pick up the phone and key in his number (and optionally the name) then place it back down for the other guy get. That’s all there is to it.

I learned of this trick when I was in the locker room of spa that shall remain unnamed. I had been exchanging glances with this stocky hunky chinito in the wet area, when I decided to sit down at a bench in the locker room to cool off for a bit. After a while, the guy went to the locker room to get dressed and leave the spa. After going to his locker, he then sat beside me while drying his feet and then placed his cellphone on the bench between us. I glanced at his phone and saw that it was unlocked and I took that as a hint, especially when I realized that he could have placed his phone on the other side. So I then discreetly entered my phone number and then my name into his phone. After a bit, he picked up the phone, looked at it, gave me a small smile, and stood up to get dressed. Easy as pie!

It’s definitely easier to just ask for a guy’s number straight out, but in places where you need to be discreet and to not attract attention, tricks like these are better and, frankly, much more fun! :-)

9 comments:

Mamon wrote on January 25, 2012 at 3:20 AM:

so how do you exchange numbers, let's say, in a packed MRT train? :D

 
Anonymous wrote on January 25, 2012 at 8:20 AM:

Thanks for this tip. Very helpful.

 
Yoo wrote on January 28, 2012 at 2:20 PM:

ive done this in the MRT na. After some flirting, i handed him over my phone discreetly, he entered and his number and voila!

 
Vince (Discreet Manila) wrote on January 29, 2012 at 2:56 AM:

@Justin, well, you can do what Yoo said. Or you can both go down a station together and talk somewhere in the station discreetly. I'm sure you can think of many other ways. :)

@Anon, you're welcome!

@Yoo, and what happened after that? :D

 
Ming Meows wrote on February 1, 2012 at 7:58 PM:

ive did it in the church last ash wednesday. katabi ko yung guy.

 
Vince (Discreet Manila) wrote on February 2, 2012 at 11:45 PM:

@Ming Meows, at kumusta naman? :)

 
von gibran wrote on March 14, 2012 at 11:30 AM:

vince do you have a facebook page?

 
Anonymous wrote on November 20, 2012 at 11:58 PM:

Naisip ko lang. What if the guy you're exchanging the looks with, happens to ba a holdaper? haha. tapos pag bigay mo ng phone tumakbo. HAHAHAHA

 
Unknown wrote on May 1, 2015 at 9:51 AM:

Saw this one, when i was riding the mrt, going to north avenue. There are two guys seated in front me. Then this one guy places a card, i think it is a calling card, and places it between their seats. Pretending that he was reaching on his pants back pocket. Then the other guy, also reaches on his behind pocket. And tada, the other guy has the calling card.