Jul 5, 2013

Macklemore and Ryan Lewis feat. Mary Lambert – Same Love

I’ve heard of the song “Same Love” by Macklemore and Ryan Lewis back in May when a friend shared a YouTube video on Facebook. I though that it was a pretty great song that was unabashedly pro-LGBT rights.

So imagine my surprise when I heard the song playing on a local radio station last night. I guess some higher up decided to add it to the station’s playlist. However, I think that the song’s message was entirely lost on the two straight guy DJs that were on that night. I don’t think these two were homophobic but I didn’t think they really listened to the song. They didn’t go into a social commentary and instead focused on the final verses of the song that quoted 1 Corinthians 13:4, “Love is patient, love is kind.”

Still, it was a nice highlight of last night. It’s little things like these that put a smile to my face.

0 comments: